Truck drivers, like Troy Van Sickle, are critical for the United States economy. They are responsible for transporting the goods that consumers purchase on a daily basis. Along with being a crucial career, driving commercial trucks is also a very risky endeavor. If you are a truck driver, here are some tips to ensure you remain safe on the job.
- Be cognizant of your blind spots. Not every motorist on the road is aware of your “no zones,” like off to the side just in front of the cab, or directly behind the truck. It is your responsibility to be cautious before turning or changing lanes.
- When you are driving in work zones, reduce your speed. Take your time when traveling through work zones on the interstate.
- Every morning check your vehicle. Make sure your fluid levels are adequate, your horn is working, and give extra attention to your brakes. Report to dispatch if you notice anything unusual, before getting back behind the wheel.
- Adjust for inclement weather. When driving on wet roads, cut your speed down by a third. For snowy or icy roads, cut your speed in half. You will need to allow more time for maneuvers in bad weather.
- Take care of yourself while on the road. Get enough sleep, exercise, and eat right. This will help you feel more refreshed the next time you have to get behind the wheel.
Driving a commercial truck for a living can be a very rewarding career. The previous tips are meant to help you keep safe while on the road. For years, Troy Van Sickle enjoyed working as a truck driver and took every precaution to keep safe while behind the wheel.
Visit https://www.crunchbase.com/person/troy-van-sickle to know more.
After a long career as a truck driver, Troy Van Sickle has successfully made the transition into a career as a real estate consultant. When it comes to selling a home, many people believe that you need a ton of money in order to make your home look better to potential buyers. However, here are a few inexpensive things that can be done, which could make all the difference when selling a home.
- Increase your curb appeal. When potential buyers first arrive at your home, you have less than a minute to impress them. Simple things like adding fresh mulch, decluttering your landscape, and changing the light fixtures can greatly improve the curb appeal.
- Declutter the interior. A messy home is a huge turn off for potential buyers. You can make your rooms look bigger by simply decluttering them. Don’t forget to declutter your closets and bathroom cabinets because potential buyers will look.
- Get rid of the personal effects. Potential buyers want to be able to imagine their own belongings in the space. This is hard to do when there is an entire wall of photographs of your family. Take down personal effects, paint walls a neutral color and remove any personal touches.
- Highlight the best features of each room through staging. Consider hiring a professional stager to help you make your home look its best.
Try to look at each room in your home with a critical eye. Also, be sure to include good photographs in your listing to help it look its best. Troy Van Sickle has been advising homeowners on how to make their home look great in order to get it sold quickly and knows all the tricks of the trade.
These days, anyone can be a consultant, all you need to do is discover what you are good at. Troy Van Sickle started his own consulting business after a long and successful career as a truck driver. So, what separates a good consultant from a bad one? Good consultants have a passion for what they do and a drive for excellence. If you are considering becoming a consultant, here are some things you will need to consider.
Will you need to obtain any certifications or a special license for your business? Some professions will require a special license or certification before you can start working as a consultant.
Do you have the right qualifications to become a consultant? To be successful in your chosen consulting business, you will need to have the qualifications necessary to get the job done.
Are you comfortable with networking? You have to be comfortable networking to be successful and grow your consulting business.
Are you organized? Being a consultant requires you to be able to plan your day and have time management skills.
Do you have short-term and long-term goals? These goals need to match up with the time and energy it takes to be a consultant.
Anyone can turn their passion into a successful consulting business, you just need to have the drive for excellence. Troy Van Sickle has been able to turn his passion for real estate into a successful consulting business and can’t imagine doing anything else.