Non-profit organizations often times need to come up with quick fundraising ideas to get the ball rolling on a longer campaign, or get through a mid-campaign hump. They have to be engaging enough to get people like Troy Van Sickle involved with the event quickly. Here is a list of fun and engaging fundraising ideas that will get people involved and having fun.
- Hold a friendly culinary competition where contestants create their best dish and sell tickets for participants to enjoy the fare and cast their votes.
- Have a community-wide garage sale. Collect gently worn items and host a weekend sale or auction. Place pictures of the items on social media beforehand to help generate some buzz.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Charge a registration fee and provide extra clues and tips for donations.
- Even the smallest donation helps non-profits, so ask fundraisers to give up a daily habit and donate the money saved to your cause. This can be done for a day or longer if needed.
- Host a trivia night and charge an entrance fee for participants and attendees.
- Host a battle of the bands event. Get local bands to help put on a charity concert. Get more people interested in the event by putting local celebrities on the judging panel.
- Host a dance marathon. Charge an entry fee and allow participants to request a song for a nominal fee. Have a small prize up for grabs for the last one standing.
Raising money for your non-profit doesn’t have to cost you a lot of time or money. Simply use your creativity to come up with a fun event that appeals to large groups of people. Troy Van Sickle is committed to helping his favorite charities raise money and loves to participate in the fundraising events whenever he has the opportunity.